Who is it for?
This communication skills training is for managers and team leaders at all levels who want to examine how their every action and communication (or even lack of them) can have an effect on the behaviours and beliefs of their team. It can be particularly useful for those who are dealing with difficult people or have a tendency to react negatively to certain situations.
What does it cover?
The course examines the communications cycle: how people communicate – both consciously and subconsciously – and how in turn this allows others to communicate and behave. The material allows delegates to comfortably examine communications strategies and techniques for ensuring that they generate the behaviours they want from others.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Improve the influence they have over others
- Use perspectives to deal with difficult people
- Confidently and empathetically deal with difficult people and situations
- Understand different communication styles and learn to adapt their own as necessary
- Reduce conflict and confrontation
- Use all forms of communication to consistently deliver their message in the right manner
- Encourage the same behaviours from their people
- Taking responsibility and implementing communication strategies over the longer term
Communication skills training overview
- Increasing acuity – our conscious awareness of how people communicate
- The communications cycle and how every action (or inaction) has a consequence
- Identifying communications barriers as well as ways to overcome them
- Understanding self-belief, confidence and the conscious and subconscious mind
- Building rapport by understanding how to adapt to different styles of people
- Highly effective questioning and listening techniques
- Transactional Analysis to reduce conflict and improve behaviours
Joining this management course
Joining this course is easy: just call us on 0800 619 1230 now or complete the form above.
Please note that any funding that’s available for this training course can be organised easily over the phone and we’ll always check an online order for funding eligibility before processing.
All our venues provide excellent refreshments, a high quality hot and cold restaurant buffet lunch and a comfortable learning environment.
All venues except London have free parking and all are close to major routes so they’re easy to get to.