Who is it for?
Impellus’ negotiation skills training course is essential for professionals who want to develop and enhance their skills, techniques and behaviours in order to achieve an improvement in desirable outcomes both externally and internally.
The course is also suitable for anyone within an organisation who may find themselves in a position where they are influencing a final agreement and not directly involved in the final discussion.
What does it cover?
This one day course will look at the core aspects of negotiation and introduce a four stage process together with the skills needed at each phase to help you prepare and plan. It will highlight the ‘tradable variables’ to consider in situations as diverse as contract negotiation or staff conflict and cement the understanding of cost versus value.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Plan for negotiation situations
- Steer negotiation conversations with a more considered approach
- Consider perceived value to ensure win-win rather than cut costs and profit
- Recognise the most effective techniques to build rapport with individuals
- Be more persuasive and influential
- Identify and choose different negotiation styles to adapt to the situation
- Deal with pressure and handle conflict
- Gain agreement and buy-in
Negotiation skills training course overview
- Discover a formalised structure by which to effectively plan all negotiations and trades
- Adding value to all ‘tradable variables’ and how they can be displayed with greater worth
- Assertiveness and considering when and how to adapt it
- Actively influencing others by presenting oneself as complementary to the other party
- Exploring negotiation styles and their appropriateness
- Planning for negotiation outcomes – win-win, win-lose and BATNA.
Joining this management course
Joining this course is easy: just call us on 0800 619 1230 now or complete the form above.
Please note that any funding that’s available for this training course can be organised easily over the phone and we’ll always check an online order for funding eligibility before processing.
All our venues provide excellent refreshments, a high quality hot and cold restaurant buffet lunch and a comfortable learning environment.
All venues except London have free parking and all are close to major routes so they’re easy to get to.