Click here to add your own text
The ILM Diploma delivers a unique mix of academic insight and direct commercial learning. The focus is on workplace performance and how to use new skills and thinking to consistently achieve organisational goals.
Managers are immersed in a development programme which challenges and engages. The Diploma provides a wide range of skills training delivered through Impellus open management courses, online learning and workplace assessment.
The ILM Level 3 Diploma is suitable for supervisors taking their first steps into line management or for managers who already have some experience in managing a team or projects.
ILM research firmly suggests that managers with Diplomas have the confidence to perform at a higher level and are capable of moving towards more senior leadership roles in the future.
Benefits of a Level 3 Diploma
Studying an ILM Diploma brings benefits to the organisation as well as to the individual managers. These benefits include:
- The individual develops a range of essential management skills that are applied and enhanced in a real life working environment
- A broad understanding of key management and leadership theory is acquired to strengthen and support the organisation’s growth and performance
- The manager builds their leadership capability to inspire their teams and influence with confidence, resulting in increased engagement and motivation.
Over a period of 15-18 months, managers will attend a selection of one-day courses and events at times and venues to suit their own busy schedules. Courses run regularly at Impellus’ 25 UK venues and the format means that not all managers on the programme need to be away from their workplace at the same time.
What does the Diploma training include?
- Managers complete the following training courses:
- Leadership Skills Development
- Managing and Appraising Performance
- Effective Communication Skills
- Developing Winning Teams
- Finance for non-Financial Professionals
- Introduction to Project Management
- Two focused Diploma training days covering team behavioural skills, organisational strategy and Diploma assessment support
- A full suite of online learning materials, media, resources and assessments
- Personal Impellus learner support provided throughout
- Managers may optionally complete up to four additional one-day courses*:
- Coaching Skills for Managers
- Delegation and Time Efficiency
- Managing Change and Innovation
- Personal and Professional Impact
During the programme, employers must seek to allow participating managers the chance to bring their new skills into the workplace and allow time for them to do this. This is an important part of good management and leadership practice and should include:
- Bringing new skills into the workplace in line with senior management objectives
- Recording changes and writing up assessments
- Reviewing performance
- Building a personal and workplace SWOT analysis
During this time managers will build a portfolio of how they’ve used their time to improve workplace performance which will form part of their qualification assessment. These will be built on- and off-line and will include answering written questions, uploading multi-media files and completing questionnaires.
Employers should estimate that one day per week will be spent on either Impellus training courses, completing assessments, or directly improving workplace performance.
Becoming fully qualified
The ILM Diploma is a highly respected and nationally recognised qualification.
Each manager going through the programme will create a portfolio of works which will be stored online using the site and tools provided. This portfolio can be made up from a variety of media and is not solely a written format.
Business-hours access to the Impellus Diploma support team helps managers to improve and qualify as they go through the programme. The support team is made up of office-based staff as well as the course delivery team who they meet as they go through their training.
There will be four key units to complete which will all be based on the real work the managers are doing day-to-day as well as examinations on these units.
Delegates using the Apprenticeship Levy to fund their Diploma will also have a final interview and exam.
Registering for the Diploma is very easy. We just need to take basic details of the managers joining the programme and your details as the sponsoring employer.
If you choose to fund your Diplomas using the Apprenticeship Levy we’ll need to take your account details too. You’ll need to pay a ‘success bond’ for each manager joining the programme. This is credited back to your account for your use when managers pass their Diploma.
Your managers are invited to the programme and sent their welcome pack once registered. You don’t need to have chosen specific courses at point of registration.
Pricing and Funding
The development programme can be procured in two ways.
The programme can be bought for a total cost of twenty ‘days’* per manager. This charge covers all the courses (including the optional courses), the online learning, the support, assessments and examinations.
- Any number of managers can join the programme
- 50% funding contribution from the Funded Training Budget†
*All Impellus open management training courses are charged by the delegate/day. Days bought in quantities can be used on any open courses and will be added to your online account for you to use as and when you want.
The provision of funding and the delivery of training under the Funded Training Budget is run and administered by Impellus.
Employers paying into the Apprenticeship Levy can use their pot to fund the course. The charge to your account is £5,000 and is taken over a 15-month period. A success bond is charged on registration which is equivalent to one ‘day’ per manager (subject to a minimum charge of five days). This is returned as a day on account once the manager has qualified successfully although is lost if the manager leaves the programme before successful completion and qualification. (Days on account thereafter can be used for any Impellus open course in the normal way.)
Apprenticeship Levy summary:
- One day on account per manager required as a success bond (minimum 5 days charge)
- Diploma can be funded directly from Levy pot
- 90% funding available thereafter once Levy pot has been used.
Impellus is approved to deliver under the Apprenticeship Levy and was appointed to the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers in March 2018.
Read more information about Management Apprenticeships under the Apprenticeship Levy including Frequently Asked Questions.
42-48 Victoria Street
Hertfordshire AL1 3HZ
Telephone: 0800 619 1230
or: 01727 790790
New Bond House
124 New Bond Street
London W1S 1DX