** Thank you for your interest although this job position is now filled. Here are currently available jobs **
Impellus is a well-respected, fast-growing provider of management training courses based in bright, modern offices in the centre of St Albans. As part of our expansion we’re looking to recruit a professional, dedicated Telephone Sales Team Leader to join the sales team that we’re building.
With over 200 courses run each year, the company is known for delivering high-value training to Managers at all levels across its 16 UK venues and through client premises. Impellus is an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) accredited provider and prides itself on helping companies and professionals reach new performance levels.
We are passionate about living our company values (there’s always a better way, to deliver all interventions with integrity, discernment, care and a clear sense of quality, to always seek to take responsibility yourself, to provide a supporting culture for colleagues and clients.) every day and work hard to ensure the working environment and culture achieves these values. For this reason we continually strive to develop class leading systems to enable all staff to be the best they can be.
Being part of our team
You’ll need to be a great leader and manager of sales professionals and outbound lead generators, with a bright and strong personality. You’ll have the ability to train, mentor, coach and inspire high performance across the team as well as provide structure and rigour to the quality of outputs. You will also need to be professional, articulate, friendly and be motivated by maximising sales and relationship opportunities with new and existing customers. We are looking for somebody who takes care in the way they work and the manner in which prospects and customers are treated.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong contact centre background.
As the driving force for new opportunities and relationships you will need to be motivated by success and achieve consistently high levels of performance. We are a team with a passion for excellence at work.
Our company values are important to us so you will need to enjoy being treated like this and be able to bring these values to the team every day.
The Telephone Sales Team Leader role involves leading, managing and developing a team of Sales Executives and outbound Lead Generators in addition to handling some calls and customer queries. All bookings and client needs must be qualified correctly and booking opportunities maximised.
- New business opportunities are generated by inbound enquiries from marketing activities, by our lead generation team and by good client / pipeline management. Your role is to ensure that the team and the company are doing this to the best of their abilities at all times to meet targets
- You will need to develop and motivate team members and, from time to time, recruit new members.
- You will work with the marketing team to ensure that processes are working as effectively as possible and your team are making the conversions required. You will report to the Managing Director
Successful candidates will need to be able to communicate effectively, convey our values and be motivated by hitting targets which are well rewarded financially.
The following activities are essential to the success of this role:
- Lead and manage Sales Executives and Lead Generators to include;
- Setting targets and appraising performance
- Developing staff competence
- First line HR and personnel activities
- Your success will be measured on;
- Ensuring the achievement of the company’s sales targets
- Converting inbound sales enquiries
- Making and converting outbound sales opportunities (the majority of which will be pre-qualified)
- Recruiting and training staff and providing ongoing coaching and training
- Assisting the Sales Team with managing a pipeline of prospective clients
- Ensuring all clients have paid their invoices before attending courses
- Maintaining the spirit and motivation of the team
- Ensuring that all courses fill evenly
- Liaising internally to ensure good communications throughout the business
- Keeping good records of your activities and ensuring your team do the same
Full training will be provided.
Remuneration and terms
A full-time contract of employment with a three-month probationary period is offered at our offices in Trident House, St Albans. There are 25 days holiday given every year on top of all weekends and statutory bank holidays.
Basic salary: £30,000
Commission: Uncapped monthly bonuses highly geared at the top end