New ILM Level 2 course to support management training and development at all levels
The new leadership and management training programme for key staff and aspiring managers is available to book from Wednesday 25th February 2015.
50% funding is available towards the course, including the option to take as part of an ILM Level 2 Award.
The programme is set to launch in April 2015. Here is the course outline, scheduled dates and venues:
Personal and Professional Impact
Discover and implement the skills that turn proficient and aspirational individuals into high-performing team members and team leaders.
Who is it for?
A one-day training course for proficient staff members who are looking to either work more effectively to increase the impact they have on their organisation or work at a more senior level within their team.
What does it cover?
The course covers the key skills that turn a competent individual into an effective team player or aspiring team leader. Delegates study how effective teams perform, the ways in which they communicate and the practices that allow focus and openness around performance feedback without creating conflict or miscommunication.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Be able to encourage and drive teamwork amongst peers
- Communicate with colleagues and Managers more effectively
- Be able to assess own performance as well as that of others
- Establish how to improve personal impact on current job role
- Provide feedback on performance and encourage higher contributions from others
- Help overcome conflict within the team
- Understanding the characteristics of high performance teams and how to achieve them
- Establish how individuals strengths can be uncovered and channelled
- How to enhance your own performance and impact
- Identifying and tackling the barriers to effective communication
- Methods for communicating and providing feedback at different levels
- Skills to avoid or reduce conflict in the workplace
ILM Level 2 Award in Effective Team Member Skills
- 8th May – Birmingham
- 12th May – Newcastle
- 28th May – London (Holborn)
- 16th July – Manchester
This course will be charged as one delegate day (£299.50 +VAT). If you would like to take the Level 2 Award programme an additional delegate day will be charged for ILM registration, follow-up, assessment and marking.