Impellus is looking to recruit a full time trainer to deliver courses and qualifications. Working across the UK, from the Impellus offices and from home.
A commercially aware Management, Leadership and Commercial Skills Trainer is required by Impellus – a fast-growing provider of open and in-house training programmes to SMEs across the UK. The successful candidate will have previously held strategic management positions and will have had some experience in delivering management and leadership training or corporate presentations in an enjoyable and engaging fashion.
The position requires an organised and commanding trainer who can deliver open training programmes reliably and in line with our company values (integrity, discernment, care and a clear sense of quality) at venues across the country. The successful candidate will also deliver in-house training programmes on similar subjects for clients and support clients working towards a qualification in leadership and management through the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Candidates must be able to think on the spot about how skills can be applied to a wide range of business sectors and environments, how delegates process information, and be able to actively play host to delegates at all times. A mixture of commercial and presenting experience as well as a style that matches the values expressed here is more important than the specific number of years in a training role – we are looking candidates with management experience rather than career trainers
The job is very demanding in terms of the number of programmes that need to be delivered across a wide geography so the successful candidate will need to be in good health. The intensive periods are balanced by days of preparation and consolidation work which provide some amount of flexibility when not training. There’s also a very healthy six weeks (30 days) of holiday.
The role involves staying away from home approximately (but not limited to) twice a week. Impellus will provide an expense account for travel and subsistence, and overnight accommodation will be provided as and when required. Most overnight stays will be at the venues where training is taking place the next day and will have onsite restaurants. Many venues also often have additional facilities such as a gym or swimming pool.
For our clients, the successful applicant will become the face of the company so they must be smart, well-mannered, possess the right gravitas and be able to discuss further opportunities with clients. The successful candidate will ideally be based within comfortable distance to our Head Office in St Albans and in easy reach of the M25, M1 and M4.
• Approximately 140 – 150 days training per year
• Support with course design
• Coaching and facilitation support to clients working through their ILM qualifications
• Attendance and contribution required at Monday meeting
• OTE £50,000pa to be achieved within your first 12 months
• Basic salary: £42,200pa (dependant on experience)
• £75 ‘attendance bonus’ per training day successfully provided (or attended as part of cover or own initial introductory training). Guaranteed at 2 training days per week = £7,800 pa
• Expenses: fully reimbursed plus £20 overnight meal allowance
• 30 days’ holiday plus public holidays
• High quality and extensive Healthcare Insurance provided after successful completion of a probation period
In the first instance please send your CV to David Shimkus, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.