Who is it for?
This course is designed for employers, HR staff, managers or supervisors who are responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of staff and have a duty to proactively prevent workplace bullying and harassment.
The course can easily be tailored to include specific or relevant issues if required, often with no additional charge. Call us on 0800 619 1230 and let us know what you'd like to achieve.
What does it cover?
Bullying in the workplace takes many forms. It may be covert and insidious or a one-off blatant incident. Either way, bullying and harassment are always unacceptable and in may cases illegal.
Given that managers and employees can be held personally liable for discriminatory acts (whether they were intended to be discriminatory or not), this is an area that cannot be ignored.
This workshop will give practical guidance on increasing awareness and limiting the risks involved in this area.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Spot behaviour which is not conductive to good working order or relationships and be able to step in appropriately
- Be able to recognise when to manage an issue informally or formally and what to do in each case
- Know how to manage the actions conducted by staff outside of work which can cause issues inside work
- Work towards creating the right culture, fostering healthy attitudes in the workplace
- Know when to propose mediation and how to prevent constructive dismissals
- Listen to a complaint and give support to the employee throughout the process; at the same time minimising the impact on the employer.
- The business case for taking this seriously
- Legal framework – both an individual and the employer’s responsibilities & liabilities
- The impact of the Equality Act 2010 for employees
- Understanding what constitutes harassment and bullying
- The notion of creating an intimidating environment
- Recognising where the “line” is and ensuring that it is not crossed
- Managing workplace banter
- Sample cases from Tribunals / other organisations
- Incidents occurring outside of workplace including social media
- The manager’s and individual employees’ responsibilities
- Tools for addressing unacceptable behaviour
- Dealing fairly with the perpetrator and the alleged victim
Joining this management course
Joining this course is easy: just call us on 0800 619 1230 now or complete the form above.Book Now
Book places from your paid account
Log into your Impellus Business Centre account to bookBook now
Book one to five places on this course
Simply book now and pay by invoiceBook now
Book multiple places across many courses
Buy multiple training days on account at discounted prices
Call us on 0800 619 1230 to find out moreBook now
What we do
Everything we do is about encouraging managers, leaders and key team members to consider the power and agency they have to deliver at the highest level.
We’re chosen repeatedly by many of the UK’s leading employers.
Virgin Atlantic is one of the UK’s largest and best-known long haul airlines and one of the largest businesses within the Virgin group. Nearly all of the company’s 7,500 staff are based at Head Office in Crawley and at the two main London airports; Heathrow and Gatwick.Continue reading
Really good presentation style. I really enjoyed the quiet time to individually work through the exercises and reflect - not something you always get in a normal work day!
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed completing the courses with Impellus – learning from David Ross was a pleasure as well as meeting likeminded people from various businesses. Over the 3 courses, I have gained a perspective on myself as a leader, the leadership and departments within the business – how we can work better as a team, highlight our strengths, be more efficient and productive and take the business to the next level.
The breakout rooms were really helpful for learning, everyone came from different companies/experience levels/team structures and it was important to hear that the challenges are broadly similar. Gave us ample opportunity to learn from one another, and David (James) was great at consolidating that in the bigger group.
I loved the interactive aspect of this course - from the workbook to the breakout rooms during the day. It was easily personalised & could be moulded to fit your particular business. Meaning that everybody involved will benefit & learn something from today's course.
The whole structure and presentation was excellent. It gave me a lot think about with the role I am currently in and things I can implement for future.
Don’t miss out. Receive updates on the funded courses available in your area as they become available