Who is it for?
This course is essential for all people in a sales or account management role who need to be able to spot situations and opportunities and generate best outcomes; whether they be leads, sales opportunities, difficult customers or handling client challenges.
This course can be tailored to include your specific challenges, often without additional charge. Call us on 0800 619 1230 and tell what it is you’re looking to achieve.
What does it cover?
This course will help delegates to reduce resistance to new ideas or products and eliminate conflict. They’ll be better placed to use language and create options which get the best outcomes.
Delegates will learn how to build rapport and trust in situations by using appropriate communication styles and they’ll actively investigate persuasion techniques for dealing with awkward customers.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Become more persuasive and exert greater influence
- Be more confident and effective in handling different people and situations
- Understand different communication styles and learn to adapt their own as necessary
- Be more successful in negotiations
- Actively use emotional intelligence
- Use persuasive language skills
- Quickly consider and work towards best commercial outcomes
- Avoid conflict
The Skills of Persuasion and Influence overview
Understanding influence and persuasion
- Understanding the influence of everything
- The six groups of influencing factors
- The characteristics of a successful persuader
- The secrets of self-belief and courage
Preparing to persuade
- Building rapport and trust by understanding the perspectives of others
- The importance of non-verbal communication
Exploring the outcomes that others are after
- Effective questioning techniques
- Realising that all behaviours have a positive intention
- Hone acuity and overcome barriers to active listening
- How to choose and deploy the style you’re after
- Eliminating barriers to conflict
- Understanding how to use assertiveness and yet avoid threatening behaviour
- Use emotional intelligence to your advantage
- Negotiate for a genuine win-win situation
Joining this management course
Joining this course is easy: just call us on 0800 619 1230 now or complete the form above.Book Now
Book places from your paid account
Log into your Impellus Business Centre account to bookBook now
Book one to five places on this course
Simply book now and pay by invoiceBook now
Book multiple places across many courses
Buy multiple training days on account at discounted prices
Call us on 0800 619 1230 to find out moreBook now
What we do
Everything we do is about encouraging managers, leaders and key team members to consider the power and agency they have to deliver at the highest level.
We’re chosen repeatedly by many of the UK’s leading employers.
Content, the ability to keep the participant engaged throughout the day, the presenter was very good, breakout rooms are a good idea.
What a great initiate to get some kudos from the courses I have just completed and now received my certificate of learning – which I am proudly displaying on my desk. The courses were very interactive and informative, with some really interesting and useful content that I can now use to improve my business management skills.
Our company will reap some rewards from the investment that they have made in offering this course to us senior managers. The tutors are also a credit to the business and make the subjects stimulating and easily put into context in our own businesses for those who attended the course. Well done for providing 1st class courses and especially online which is not so easy.
I learnt lots of new tricks from the course.
Thanks for a great programme; it was pacey, useful and interesting.
The content of the course was very helpful and I will definitely be doing some of the exercises with my team at the next opportunity. I enjoyed interacting with the group and sharing experiences and knowledge.
Dave, Brad & Tom all gained useful knowledge to use going forward in their team leader roles.
They all enjoyed the online courses and would highly recommend them to our other staff members in the future.
Don’t miss out. Receive updates on the funded courses available in your area as they become available