Who is it for?
This course is designed to provide best-practice to all Managers, Stakeholders and HR personnel involved at any stage in the recruitment process within their organisation.
What does it cover?
The course will provide the necessary knowledge of the law and the awareness of some of the challenges it can present when seeking to find the most suitable candidate.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Creating the job-description and thus identifying the right person for the role
- Be more aware of the potential legal ramifications that can occur within the recruitment process
- Be able to ensure objectivity, consistency, inclusivity and fairness in the recruitment and selection processes that is free from discrimination and unconscious bias
- Be able to understand what medical information is needed and when
- Understand the importance of Data Protection and what records should be retained and for what duration
- Have more understanding of the importance of effective induction and engaging with the new recruit
- The importance of setting objectives and how they should be assessed
- Understand what action they can take if the candidate doesn’t meet the expectations of the role
- How to avoid legal pitfalls when recruiting, the legal framework, Equality Act 2010 and how to keep on the right side of the law.
- Shortlisting and how to carry out a robust sifting process that is free of discrimination, particularly unconscious bias
- How to undertake Health/ Medical enquiries, ensuring compliance with the Equality Act.
- Data Protection Act / GDPR, how to comply with legislation, avoiding common pitfalls e.g. subject access requests.
- Interviewing, carrying out effective recruitment interviewing, which questions should and should never be asked.
- Decision Making, making sound decisions based on agreed criteria and the risks of relying on “gut instinct”.
- Post interview checks, security checks, right to work checks, Criminal records checks, References, Health checks.
- Offer of Employment and Contractual Documentation , Issuing the offer letter, Contract of employment, Staff handbook / policies.
Joining this management course
Joining this course is easy: just call us on 0800 619 1230 now or complete the form above.
Please note that any funding that’s available for this training course can be organised easily over the phone and we’ll always check an online order for funding eligibility before processing.
All our venues provide excellent refreshments, a high quality hot and cold restaurant buffet lunch and a comfortable learning environment.
All venues except London have free parking and all are close to major routes so they’re easy to get to.