Who is it for?
This course is designed for managers and supervisors responsible for a team and their output to their business or organisation. A key responsibility of line managers is to continuously manage employee performance. Failure to address issues of unsatisfactory performance can lead to negative outcomes.
What does it cover?
Managers may not realise it, but they make employment law decisions every day.
They are expected to make people management decisions in a legally compliant way or open themselves and their employer to a risk of a claim. As ignorance of the law is no defence, this Essential HR training course gives managers an overview of the key employment law principles which they need to be aware of when dealing with staff.
The course will enable candidates to recognise under performance (conduct or capability) and respond with early interventions and then how to manage serious and on-going performance issues requiring formal corrective action, up to and including dismissal.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Be able to deal with absence, performance and misconduct issues with more confidence
- Whilst understanding the principles of current employment legislation, candidates will be able to endeavour in ensuring people perform to their full potential
- Know when they can dismiss for poor performance and limit the risks
- How to investigate claims of bullying and harassment
- How employment rights work
- Employers’ statutory and organisational responsibilities
- Managing performance during the probationary period
- Handling challenging performance conversations
- Preparing for and conducting performance review meetings; what should they entail and what outcomes should be considered
- Practical guidance on managing on-going performance issues through a formal process
- The benefits of early intervention and the tools required
- How to limit the risk of claims
- Dealing with conflicts and personality clashes
- What is bullying and harassment?
- How to investigate and address bullying and harassment effectively
- Ensuring compliance equality laws whilst maintaining, operational efficiency
- When is it fair to dismiss for unsatisfactory performance?
Joining this management course
Joining this course is easy: just call us on 0800 619 1230 now or complete the form above.
Please note that any funding that’s available for this training course can be organised easily over the phone and we’ll always check an online order for funding eligibility before processing.
All our venues provide excellent refreshments, a high quality hot and cold restaurant buffet lunch and a comfortable learning environment.
All venues except London have free parking and all are close to major routes so they’re easy to get to.