Who is it for?
Essential for all team members, line managers and HR professionals who want to gain a better understanding of diversity, how to handle mixed groups, and who wish to discover how to add value to their organisations through their people.
This course can be delivered at different levels for managers and non-managers.
This course can be tailored to your specific workplace and cultural challenges - often without additional charge. Please let us know what you'd like to achieve by calling us on 0800 619 1230.
What does it cover?
Managing diversity, equality and incusivity is about valuing the differences that people from varied backgrounds bring to an organisation, and nurturing these. This can drive improvements in customer care and can also attract and retain talent. This programme is concerned with recognising diversity as an opportunity and not a challenge.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusivity overview
- Defining diversity
- The difference between diversity and equal opportunity
- Diversity and discrimination
- Key issues affecting different groups in the organisation – education, beliefs, employment, promotion prospects
Challenging prejudice and discrimination
- Understanding stereotypes
- The culture of equality and inclusivity
- Different cultures and their commercial values
- Assertiveness v. bullying
Legal obligations and legislation
- Basic details of employment tribunals
- Overview of current legislation (Race Relations Act, Sex Discrimination Act, Age Discrimination Act, Human Rights Act, Asylum and Immigration Act)
- Communication patterns across cultures
- Negotiation styles across cultures
- Strategies for working more effectively with other cultures
Joining this management course
Joining this course is easy: just call us on 0800 619 1230 now or complete the form above.Book Now
Book places from your paid account
Log into your Impellus Business Centre account to bookBook now
Book one to five places on this course
Simply book now and pay by invoiceBook now
Book multiple places across many courses
Buy multiple training days on account at discounted prices
Call us on 0800 619 1230 to find out moreBook now
What we do
Everything we do is about encouraging managers, leaders and key team members to consider the power and agency they have to deliver at the highest level.
We’re chosen repeatedly by many of the UK’s leading employers.
Really enjoyed the course especially the Organisation Leadership and Strategic Thinking and Decision Making courses, which I have been able to use and contribute within our business already.
David James is a great and engaging presenter and course leader. The content is a good mix of theory and practical, group and breakout sessions.
What I enjoyed the most was meeting other people from all sorts of different companies, and how well we all seemed to get on in the break-out rooms!
The flow of the day was really good. Good pace, did not feel rushed or too slow. The trainer Mike gave great personal examples as well as getting us to provide our own.
The mix of visual presenting by David as well as activities and slides was excellent and meant at no time was there any lack of interest
Don’t miss out. Receive updates on the funded courses available in your area as they become available