Who is it for?
This course is designed to support Managers, Directors and HR Professionals who may become involved in undertaking a disciplinary or capability investigations.
The course is legally up-to-date and can easily be tailored to suit your specific HR and investigatory requirements – often at no extra cost.
What does it cover?
This HR investigations course provides an ‘investigating officer’ with the knowledge of how to conduct a thorough investigation so that the employee and employer can seek to reach a fair, objective and reasonable outcome and – importantly – one which can be scrutinised if necessary at Tribunal.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Understand how to set up and manage a workplace investigation
- Have the key skills to undertake a thorough investigation
- Have a basic premise of the HR responsibilities of their position
- Understand how to prepare and draft a final investigation report that will withstand internal and external scrutiny
- Avoid breaching employment law and falling into HR traps
This course will provide participants with the following invaluable skills:
- A thorough grounding in the legislative and statutory framework of grievance and disciplinary investigations
- Why investigations are so important, and the consequences if investigations are not conducted properly
- How to manage the investigation process from beginning to end
- Techniques to manage an effective investigation interview
- How to manage difficult witnesses e.g. witnesses who are inconsistent or refuse to divulge vital information
- How to gather information, collect statements, evidence, and how to determine relevance
- Planning the interview and framing important questions
- How to deal effectively with staff / union representatives, solicitors and friends of the employee
- Dealing with “anonymous” informants and witnesses who want to talk “off the record”
- Avoiding common mistakes made during the investigation process
- The importance of impartiality, confidentiality and data protection
- Report preparation and getting over the mental block of report writing
- How to compile a well-structured final report that will withstand internal and external scrutiny
Joining this management course
Joining this course is easy: just call us on 0800 619 1230 now or complete the form above.
Please note that any funding that’s available for this training course can be organised easily over the phone and we’ll always check an online order for funding eligibility before processing.
All our venues provide excellent refreshments, a high quality hot and cold restaurant buffet lunch and a comfortable learning environment.
All venues except London have free parking and all are close to major routes so they’re easy to get to.