Who is it for?
This course is designed to support Managers, Directors and HR Professionals who may become involved in undertaking a disciplinary or capability investigations.
The course is legally up-to-date and can easily be tailored to suit your specific HR and investigatory requirements - often at no extra cost.
What does it cover?
This HR investigations course provides an 'investigating officer' with the knowledge of how to conduct a thorough investigation so that the employee and employer can seek to reach a fair, objective and reasonable outcome and - importantly - one which can be scrutinised if necessary at Tribunal.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Understand how to set up and manage a workplace investigation
- Have the key skills to undertake a thorough investigation
- Have a basic premise of the HR responsibilities of their position
- Understand how to prepare and draft a final investigation report that will withstand internal and external scrutiny
- Avoid breaching employment law and falling into HR traps
This course will provide participants with the following invaluable skills:
- A thorough grounding in the legislative and statutory framework of grievance and disciplinary investigations
- Why investigations are so important, and the consequences if investigations are not conducted properly
- How to manage the investigation process from beginning to end
- Techniques to manage an effective investigation interview
- How to manage difficult witnesses e.g. witnesses who are inconsistent or refuse to divulge vital information
- How to gather information, collect statements, evidence, and how to determine relevance
- Planning the interview and framing important questions
- How to deal effectively with staff / union representatives, solicitors and friends of the employee
- Dealing with “anonymous” informants and witnesses who want to talk “off the record”
- Avoiding common mistakes made during the investigation process
- The importance of impartiality, confidentiality and data protection
- Report preparation and getting over the mental block of report writing
- How to compile a well-structured final report that will withstand internal and external scrutiny
Joining this management course
Joining this course is easy: just call us on 0800 619 1230 now or complete the form above.Book Now
Book places from your paid account
Log into your Impellus Business Centre account to bookBook now
Book one to five places on this course
Simply book now and pay by invoiceBook now
Book multiple places across many courses
Buy multiple training days on account at discounted prices
Call us on 0800 619 1230 to find out moreBook now
What we do
Everything we do is about encouraging managers, leaders and key team members to consider the power and agency they have to deliver at the highest level.
We’re chosen repeatedly by many of the UK’s leading employers.
I most enjoyed the fun, relaxed atmosphere. This really helped me feel comfortable enough to get involved and really retain the information!
I really enjoyed the course, the instructors were fantastic and really gave us space as a group to work through and discuss the topics to build a really deep understanding. Looking forward to adding to this in the future.
I learnt lots of new tricks from the course.
Thanks for a great programme; it was pacey, useful and interesting.
David James was great, the pace of the training and the activities planned worked very well and there was a direct link to how to use everything in practice in our own environment. I was engaged and interested during the whole day. Excellent work
The communication was excellent both prior to and during the course. Instructions were clear and all relevant tools provided in advance.
I found all elements of the material of benefit and applicable to my role as an existing leader.
Don’t miss out. Receive updates on the funded courses available in your area as they become available