What are the best training courses for management in 2023?
There are so many options to choose from when it comes to leadership and management training courses, it can feel difficult to know if you’re choosing the right one for your business. In this article we’ll help you to meet your business and employee development needs, by choosing the right training courses for management.
Match the training to the desired outcomes
When choosing which management course is best for you or your team, it’s important to establish what you want the outcomes of the training to be. If you’re looking for line management training, the ILM Level 3 is a popular choice. Level 3 teachings are shaped around how to get the best out of people and how to effectively manage a team.
For senior managers or business owners, the ILM Level 5 is a highly useful qualification. Level 5 helps senior managers to establish and set up a strong management structure, as well as covering how to get the best out of people.
Benefits of management training
Regardless of your current experience, training courses for management are hugely important for the continual development of new skills, approaches and managerial styles. The other benefits of management training are:
- Tackling common management challenges: Training courses for management will cover frequent issues that managers face in their role. You will also be able to receive professional advice on challenges you may find in your own organisation.
- Improving the process of change management: Change is one of the most difficult challenges in any business, but it’s an essential part of operations for growing firms. Choosing the right management course will help you to ensure that changes happen smoothly in your business, while keeping the team satisfied and informed.
- Creating a happier team: A good manager is one of the most important aspects of a happy team. Management courses will teach you how best to deal with conflict in order to create resolutions.
- Improve decision making skills: To succeed as a manager, you must be confident in your own decisions and empower your team to make their own choices where possible.
The Institute of Leadership and Management courses
The Institute of Leadership and Management courses (ILM) are designed for aspiring leaders, current managers and HR professionals. The courses have been created to inspire and coach great leadership in any context or organisation.
At Impellus, we’re proud to be the largest independent ILM Centre in the UK, providing training courses for management and supporting teams to work seamlessly.
ILM Level 3
The ILM Level 3 is predominantly for line managers who’re looking to get the best out of their team. It’s also suitable for people going into a management role for the first time, to help them acquire the skills they need to step up into a leadership position.
Depending on what you’re looking to get out of your management training, there are a number of different Level 3 training courses we teach at Impellus, such as:
- Coaching and leadership skills
- Efficient delegation
- Communicating effectively
- Decision making
ILM Level 5
The ILM Level 5 is tailored to senior managers, business owners and directors. The management course is designed to support people in these leadership roles on how to establish a management structure and get the best out of people.
The Level 5 is made up of three modules, with Organisational Leadership Skills being the core module. This is encapsulated in a challenging but rewarding two-day course at Impellus.
Project Management training
For project managers, a PRINCE2 certificate is the de facto project qualification and is recognised all over the world.
The PRINCE2 courses cover the complete process of project management – from establishing a project to successfully closing one. Delegates can choose between the PRINCE2 Foundation or PRINCE2 Practitioner courses depending on their experience level.
Projects are very often now fast-moving and evolving, so another good project management course to do in 2023 is one of the PRINCE2 Agile courses.
Some of the advantages of the PRINCE2 courses:
- Helping to advance your career in project management
- Increasing your project management skills / toolkit
- Managing change within your project and organisation
Online vs in-house training
Our training courses for management can be delivered in person, at your premises, or online at your convenience.
Our specialist trainers deliver management training that’s bespoke to you, your organisation and your business needs. We also allow delegates to work at a pace that suits them so they can fit their training and development around their work.
Management training with Impellus
If you’d like to find out more about how we support teams and leaders across the UK to thrive, and to learn about which management course is best for your business, please contact us today.