Leadership Skills Development at Corpus Christi College – 11th November 2015
As part of the partnership between Corpus Christi College, Cambridge University and Impellus, the next date for Leadership Skills Development is on 11th November.
ILM Accredited Management Training at Corpus Christi College with 50% funding
The tie up allows managers from across Cambridgeshire to access funded management training courses delivered by Impellus at the University. Leadership Skills Development is also accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and can be taken on its own or as part of an ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management.
“This is a really exciting chance for managers to undertake their management training and development in the beautiful setting of Corpus Christi College”, enthuses David Ross, Lead Project Manager at Impellus. “We’re delivering courses that will allow managers to challenge their perceptions, improve their skill bases and generate real organisational benefit.”
Leadership Skills Development
11th November 2015
Who is it for?
An essential programme for managers who are performing at a good level and wish to develop their leadership skills to increase their effectiveness and powers of influence and motivation. The programme welcomes managers from across all sectors, small and medium sized business owners, and those who are now managing subordinates who until recently were their peers.
What does it cover?
The day investigates the natural leadership styles of each delegate and allows them to realise the impact they are having – or could choose to have – on their teams and the results that they’re generating. The circle of effective leadership is covered bringing together the skills of motivation, delegation and time management and delegates leave with key action points to implement when they get back to their working environments.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Understand their natural leadership style and when and how to amend it
- Interpret the behaviour of others through advanced communications skills
- Understand the two types of motivational factor
- Use delegation as a motivational tool
- Increase productivity from their team
- Understand the metrics of a successful team and watch for signs of disharmony
- Influence the beliefs of the team as a whole
- The crucial differences between leadership & management
- Understanding my leadership style
- How teams affect individuals and how individuals affect teams
- Strategies for empowering different people
- Time management and how to focus your team
- Separating important and urgent tasks
- Reducing stress
- The circle of effective leadership
- Delegates will leave with personal action plans to ensure workplace improvements
Joining the programme
Managers and HR Partners interested in enquiring or making bookings should call Hayley Woodroffe on 01223 337144.
ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management
The courses can be taken indiviually or togther to form an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management providing managers with a unique opportunity to gain their accreditation at the University College.